Monday, August 08, 2011

Chicago Playwright, Scott Barsotti reviews Put My _____ In Your ______


Scott Barsotti writes about the Mammals latest show...

“Finger” is the most Cool (with a capital C) Mammals show I’ve seen yet. Weird, menacing, and physical, the show has a great look and reminded me of why I don’t seek out exclusive clubs. The desperate fickleness. The climbing and jockeying. That dark underbelly of fear, co-dependence, and sinister pettiness (that I assume exists anywhere so pretentious). John Wilson’s TV-framed set is fucking sweet and creates a constant atmosphere of disconnected voyeurism, in which I was constantly unsure if what I was looking at really happened or not...that disconnect bled then, also, into the live action, keeping me guessing. The entire cast does great work; but I especially loved the scenes between Erin Orr and Bert Matias, full of moments of the sublimely strange. Bob’s video and sound design underscore the action throughout in great Mammals fashion: creepy and unreal, yet oddly familiar. The use of microphones throughout (both a standing microphone and wireless headsets) really add to that feeling like the cast is inside your brain."

Thanks to Scott for his kind words. You can read more about him at
scottbarsotti.wordpress.com/

Remaining Performance Dates for PUT MY ______ IN YOUR _______

Friday August 12th
Saturday August 13th
Friday August 19th
Saturday August 20th
Friday August 26th
Saturday August 27th

All performances are at 10pm – BYOB

Also there is an industry performance - Monday August 15th at 8:00 pm

Zoo Studio
4001 N. Ravenswood Ave Ste B-1
Chicago, IL 60613

Suggested donation $20.00.
Reservations can be made by calling 866-593-4614

No comments: